"Brevis esse laboro /obscurus fio" Trato de ser breve /y me vuelvo oscuro. Horacio

@thedarker (instagram)

martes, 21 de febrero de 2012

Foolish Poetry: I

            I started this one as a humble homage to my friend Anna Raven, as a way to thanks his kind (and probably undeserved) words that she write on my dedication of his book Cuentos Preliminares (autorship shared with Rakel Archer too!). It started that way, yes, but soon enouhg it developed his own life and went on a new direction, growing in an unexpected way and ending in an unintended place. For good or not, you have to tell ;):

Raven

Darkness tries to bring me down
Blackness search my soul to drown
In these moments of despair,
On this nights of empty sound

They try to cover me in black
Make my white wings full of dark
Like a raven, doomsday bard
Hunting for decaying man

Am I that, just an small crow?
One who feeds on glory past?
Unable to build a better world
Voice disturbing, a cursed one?

I feed on others, that much is true
Mine are their lost, but his victories too
I walk in the steps of giants and clowns
Both of them just, within me living through

So i´m a raven,  what´s the problem?
Beauty makes not better wings
I Can leave behind this foolish sorrows
I Can also enjoy an early Spring

And here I am, far from their sigh
They can surround me, but of them i´m not part
I´m able to leave, to search for the sun
I´m an small Raven, but still I can fly.


            Problem with poetry (well, and writing, and lot more things) is that you feel that you never finish it, it´s always "uncomplete". Well, let´s say that this is the finished version at this moment. Hope you like it, see you soon ;)            

2 comentarios:

  1. :D
    It´s a real honor to be the seed of such piece of poetry. Keep writing, poetry might be dead but she needs people like you to take her back to life, to make her breath again.
    Being a Raven, as you say, is way cool.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. That's a great first poem! I always thought that you were the 'writer' in this family... so c'mon, hurry up! The only advice that I can give you is: read, read, read a lot. The past poets are the best teachers! (You should start with the Satanic School and Les Poètes maudits, it suits you)

    ResponderEliminar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...